BTEC Level 2 Certificate – Introduction to the role of the Professional Taxi and Private Hire Driver
Value Group Training Services Ltd are a Pearson/Edexcel centre accredited to deliver BTEC level 2 certificate programmes for the passenger transport industry. This BTEC qualification is a nationally recognised programme, and a mandatory requirement for a significant number of local council Taxi licence issuing offices in the UK. We are the only UK industry led provider and our training is provided by qualified trainers who are also Taxi drivers. We have trained over 1000 drivers in the last 6 months in the South, South West, South East and London.
Who is the course designed for?
This course is ideal for any driver new to the industry or for existing drivers wishing to gain an industry recognised qualification. The course also meets the mandatory requirements for local councils and Taxi/Private hire licensing offices. For example, our course meets the BTEC Level 2 training requirements for Bournemouth, Christchurch, Southampton, Sheffield, Woking, Guildford, East Hampshire, Lincoln, North East Lincolnshire, London and many other towns and cities that require this qualification as part of their licensing application process.
The course also meets the English Language requirements of Transport for London (PCO). Existing drivers have until September 2020 to submit their evidence. Please call us to ensure you meet the requirements and whether you need to do the course.
How is the course delivered?
The BTEC, An Introduction to the role of the professional taxi and private hire driver, is delivered and assessed in a classroom near to you. The course is broken down into training modules. These modules can be delivered on days and at times to suit you and your drivers. Alternatively, they be delivered as an intensive course – the choice is yours.
The following units must be completed:
- Health and Safety in the taxi and private hire work environment
- Road safety when driving passengers in a taxi or private hire vehicle
- Professional Customer service in the taxi and private hire industry
- Taxi and private hire vehicle maintenance and safety inspection
- The regulatory framework of the taxi and private hire industry
- Taxi and private hire services for passengers who require assistance
- Routes and fares in the taxi and private hire vehicle industries
- Transporting of parcels, luggage and other items in the taxi and private hire industries
- Transporting of children and young persons by taxi or private hire vehicle
How is the course assessed?
Learners will be required to take and pass 9 online tests to successfully achieve the full level 2 Certificate. We provide all the learning materials, workbooks and laptops to take the online tests.
What does the course cost?
Please call us to discuss our latest prices and offers
For more information, contact Clare or Tony on: 01722 349341