Level 2 Certificate in Road Passenger Vehicle Driving for Taxi and Private Hire Drivers
Who is the course designed for?
The Level 2 Road Passenger Vehicle Driving Certificate (RPVD) is aimed at taxi drivers or private hire vehicle drivers who wish to develop new skills and formalise existing skills leading to a nationally recognised vocational qualification. The aim of the course is to improve knowledge, skills, awareness and employability. Some Council Licensing Officers demand their drivers achieve this course as part of their licence application and licence renewal process.
How is the course delivered and assessed?
The course and assessment is delivered on a 1:1 basis in your workplace. To achieve your full level 2 Certificate will require attending a number of guided learning training sessions and workplace assessments, and requires the successful completion of a number of mandatory and optional units. Our fully qualified tutors and assessors will guide you through the complete process to ensure you prove the desired competence your role demands.
Will cover the following mandatory units:
- Ensure health and safety of the Taxi and Private Hire driver and passengers
- Drive a Taxi or Private Hire vehicle in a professional manner
- Provide professional customer service in the Taxi and Private Hire industries
- Provide a safe and legal vehicle for transporting passengers by Taxi and/ or Private Hire
- Provide a transport service in the Taxi and Private Hire vehicle industries for customers who require assistance
- Provide a service to customers using a wheelchair in an accessible Taxi or Private Hire vehicle
- Transport parcels, luggage and other items in the Taxi and Private Hire industries
- Transport children and young persons by Taxi, Private Hire or chauffeuring
For more information, contact Clare Green or Tony Quinn on: 01722 349341